Who is Lee S. Brown?
Lee is a native of West Michigan and has worked in Product Styling, Industrial, Graphic design and Illustration. Lee has exhibited in the MMA regional shows and museum gift shop, the White River Gallery Change of Seasons Shows, Gallery Uptown Winterfest shows, House of the Setting Sun Galley in Pentwater, Mia and Grace Restaurant in various media including drawing, painting, jewelry and sculpture. Lee graduated from Kendall School of Design, majoring in Illustration.
Lee recently organized and exhibited along with Mellissa Morrow the “Seventh Wave” show with 5 other artists in November 2008 at the Bettye Clark Cannon Gallery in Muskegon
In November 2009 he was part of the 12 Dimensions Show at Gallery Uptown
Recently I have been working on surface texture and painting, finding inspiration in alphabets current and ancient, diagrams, maps, scientific/ mathematic images, patterns, and earth colors. I am constantly loading images, writings and music waiting for the subconscious soup to simmer and form a new idea (at least new to me).I find myself responding to found materials, building/layering 2 dimensional designs and 3 dimensional forms while quickly moving on to the next piece. “Flowing with ideas” that steam up from the mental soup vs calculated preplanning and formal studied approaches. On top of that I’m having an absolute blast making the work.
- Gallery Uptown- Grand Haven MI
- White River Gallery -Montague MI
- Arts Council of White Lake- serving on art walk sculpture committee
- Muskegon Museum of Art- serving on 2010 “Fresh Art Live” benefit auction committee
- Honorable Mention MMA Regional 2009
- Winterfest 09 1st place Gallery Uptown
- Change of Seasons 08 2nd place White River Gallery
- Broken Pinnacle 2008- Sculpture for Steve Cull of Cull Group Marketing and Design, Grand Rapids
- Violet Tendencies 2008- Sculpture for Bill and Darlene Pendall of Austin TX
Lee S. Brown
1861 Glen Avenue
Muskegon, MI 49441